Seminar: Games Development with iOS (SS 13)
- Description: The course gives an introduction to Objective-C programming with Xcode 4.6 IDE and iOS 6.1 and to games development. Students learn how to program in Objective-C and how to use Cocoa Touch libraries to develop iOS applications. The course language is English.
- Goals: Learn games development. Develop your first game. After the introductory sessions on the first 4 days, students have one week to develop the game in groups of two. Experienced students (tutors) help during the development. At the end, the students deliver and demonstrate their game in a short presentation.
- Prerequisites: Participating students are familiar with the concepts of object oriented programming and have experiences in a programming language such as Java, C++ or C#. Background knowledge in Objective-C and iOS is not required.
- Credits: 4 ETCS
- Info meeting: Thursday, 31.01.2013, 10:30 - 11:00 (Time Changed!), Room: 00.08.038
- Time: Block course in the first two weeks of April 2013 (see schedule below)
- Room: Seminar Room (01.07.014)
- Number of participants is limited to 30 students, number of participants without MacBook is limited to 12 students.
- Compulsory attendance during the whole course
- Tuesday, 02.04.2013, 9:00 - 18:00: Introduction into Objective C and Xcode
- Wednesday, 03.04.2013, 9:00 - 18:00: Programming with Objective C
- Thursday, 04.04.2013, 9:00 - 18:00: Enhanced topics for Game Development
- Friday, 05.04.2013, 9:00 - 18:00: Advanced topics
- Friday, 05.04.2013, 18:00 - 18:30: Programming Assignment
- Friday, 05.04.2013, 18:30 - Friday, 12.04.2013 afternoon: Development of an iOS Game in groups of 2 students
- Friday, 12.04.2013, 15:00 - 18:00: Presentation and demonstration of the results
- Please notice: Compulsory attendance on all course days!
The seminar is already full. No further applications are possible. The seminar will probably be offered again in October 2013.
If you want to prepare for the course, we recommend the following tutorials: