The workshop will take place at the German Software Engineering conference SE 2019 in Stuttgart, Germany (19.02.2019)
The number of students continuously increases and presents ever greater challenges for instructors in software engineering. In courses with a huge number of students, it is particularly difficult to motivate students to actively participate. At the same time, practice-oriented and project-related training is becoming increasingly important, but project courses in cooperation with industry are often associated with high costs.
Digital teaching, online courses and new teaching concepts complement the curriculum. They offer a wide range of possibilities for modern and attractive teaching, but present instructors with methodical, technical and organizational challenges.
In this workshop, innovative teaching approaches in software engineering will be presented and discussed. The topic of the workshop is highly relevant for teaching at universities, colleges, and online, since courses can no longer be offered in high quality for large numbers of students without systematic approaches.
Important dates (Anywhere on Earth)
- Abstract submission: 04.01.2019
- Paper submission: 11.01.2019
- Author notification: 25.01.2019
- Camera ready version: 07.02.2019
- Workshop: Tuesday, 19.02.2019
- 3 types of submissions: full research papers (8 pages), short papers (4 pages) and poster abstracts (2 pages)
- Submission system: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=isee2019
- Submitted papers must conform to the IEEE conference template (2 columns, A4)
- Papers are published on CEUR-WS
- More details can be found in the Call for Paper
- Stephan Krusche, TU München
- Kurt Schneider, Leibniz Universität Hannover
- Marco Kuhrmann, TU Clausthal