Seminar/Practical Course: Advanced Project Management summer semester 2016
This course offers the possibility to gain profound experience in agile project management. Participants supervise a real project by coaching an international team of students in the iPraktikum (formerly known as iOS Praktikum) and/or take on additional management task like leading the modeling, release management or code quality teams. All coaches meet weekly to discuss the current status, problems and future tasks with the course instructors.
- Coaching and motivation of an agile project team
- Hands-on experience in project management
- Real world application of agile methods (Scrum)
- Handling of challenges in projects and with team members
At a glance
- Credits: 4 ETCS (Seminar) or 10 ECTS (Practical Course)
Note: in order to count as a 10 ECTS course, participating students additionally lead a cross-project team (e.g. Modeling, Release Management, Merge Management)
- Possible module numbers: IN0014, IN2107, IN0012, IN2106, IN2175, IN4554
- Participants: Limited to 10-15 students
- Info Meeting: Monday, January 25, 4:00pm, room 01.07.014 (download the slides here)
- Participating students have already taken part in a project at the chair of Prof. Bruegge (either as Developer or as Coach)
- Participating students are familiar with the concepts of agile software engineering (e.g. Scrum)
- Participating students have several years of experience in at least one object-oriented programming language, e.g. Java, C++, C#, Objective-C or Swift
- Participating students have excellent communication skills in English
- Knowledge in the development of mobile applications (in particular iOS), in the field of Usability Engineering or in project management is beneficial
- Info Meeting: Monday, January 25, 2:00pm, room 01.07.014
- Coach Kickoff Meeting: TBA (week of April 11-15)
- iPraktikum Kickoff Meeting: Thursday April 14, 4:30pm, Interims Lecture Hall 1
- Weekly Coach Meeting: will be discussed with all coaches
Please have a look at the slides of the info meeting for all details.
- Attend the info meeting!
- Please fill the application form below. (Latest: January 26)
- We invite you to a personal interview (Latest: January 27)
Interviews will take place on January 28 and 29.
- After we have accepted you, prioritize the Seminar or Praktikum "Advanced Project Management" in the matching system of the faculty (From: January 29, Latest: February 09)
Applications are now closed.
Instructors & contact
Email us with questions at ios (at) in.tum.de.
Prof. Bernd Brügge, Ph.D.