Seminar/Practical Course: Agile Project Management SS17
This course offers the possibility to gain profound experience in agile project management. Participants supervise a real project by coaching an international team of students in the iPraktikum (formerly known as iOS Praktikum) and/or take on additional management task like leading the modeling, release management or code quality teams. All coaches meet weekly to discuss the current status, problems and future tasks with the course instructors.
- Coaching and motivation of an agile project team
- Hands-on experience in project management
- Real world application of agile methods (Scrum)
- Handling of challenges in projects and with team members
At a glance
- Credits: 4/5 ETCS (Seminar) or 10 ECTS (Practical Course)
Note: in order to count as a 10 ECTS course, participating students additionally lead a cross-project team (e.g. Modeling, Release Management, Merge Management)
- Possible module numbers: IN0014, IN2107, IN0012, IN2106, IN2175, IN4554
- Participants: Limited to 10-15 students
- Info Meeting: January 30, 2:30pm-3:00pm, room 01.07.014. Slides
- Participating students have already taken part in a project at the chair of Prof. Bruegge (either as Developer or as Coach)
- Participating students are familiar with the concepts of agile software engineering (e.g. Scrum)
- Participating students have several years of experience in at least one object-oriented programming language, e.g. Java, C++, C#, Objective-C or Swift
- Participating students have excellent communication skills in English
- Knowledge in the development of mobile applications (in particular iOS), in the field of Usability Engineering or in project management is beneficial
- Coach Kickoff Meeting: TBA (week of April 18-21)
- iPraktikum Kickoff Meeting: Thursday, April 27, 4:30pm, Interims Lecture Hall 1
- Weekly Coach Meeting: The time will be decided with all Coaches
Please have a look at the slides of the info meeting for all details, which will be available here after the meeting. The application process is structured as follows:
- Attend the info meeting or check the slides.
- Please fill the application form below. (Latest: January 31)
- We invite you to a short personal interview by February 3 - pick a time slot that works for you. Interviews take place on February 6-7.
- After we have accepted you, prioritize the Proseminar/Seminar "Agile Project Management" in the matching system of the faculty (Latest: February 8)
Applications have closed - please come back next semester!
Instructors & contact
Email us with questions at ios (at) in.tum.de.
|Prof. Bernd Brügge, Ph.D.