Welcome to the iOS Praktikum 2015!
iOS Praktikum WS15/16: See this page
In this course you develop a mobile application in the context of a larger system architecture. Depending on the project, you work with application servers, smart sensors such as iBeacons, intelligent clothing, wearables like the Apple Watch or micro- controllers such as the Raspberry Pi or the Intel Edison.
You get to know the background, tools and skills required to develop these applications. In particular, you learn Swift, Apple's new programming language. In addition to software engineering concepts like object oriented analysis and design, you learn key concepts of usability engineering and continuous delivery.
For this course, industry partners provide real problem statements. You get real team and project experience while using real data and working tightly together with a real client towards a real deadline.
- Credits: 10 ECTS
- Course type: Bachelor/Master Practical Course
How to prepare for the course
- Watch an online iOS Tutorial (iTunes U course "cs193p" from Stanford, now in Swift)
- Read books about Software Engineering and Usability Engineering
- e.g. Bernd Brügge, Allen H. Dutoit - "Object-Oriented Software Engineering: Using UML, Patterns and Java"
- e.g. Jakob Nielsen - "Usability Engineering"
- Look at the Client Acceptance Presentations of previous years (see below)
|Info Meeting||Friday, January 23, 3:45 pm, Lecture Hall 1 Slides|
||Between April 8 and April 21, see Schedule
|Kickoff Meeting||Thursday, April 16, 4:00 pm c.t., Interims Lecture Hall 1|
|Design Review||Thursday, June 18, 4:00 pm c.t., Interims Lecture Hall 1|
|Client Acceptance Test
Thursday, July 16, 4:00 pm c.t., Interims Lecture Hall 1
|Weekly course meeting||Thursday, 4:00 pm c.t., Interims Lecture Hall 1|
Participants can use https://confluencebruegge.in.tum.de/display/IOS15CW/Home for a detailed schedule.
Results of previous years
- iOS Praktikum 2014: www1.in.tum.de/ios1415
- iOS Praktikum 2014: www1.in.tum.de/ios14
- iOS Praktikum 2013: www1.in.tum.de/ios13
- iOS Praktikum 2012: www1.in.tum.de/ios12
Please see the slides of the info-meeting for all details. If you did not attend the info-meeting you can still apply for the iOS-Praktikum :)
The application is done in three steps.
1. Please fill the application form below. (Till: February 4)
2. Prioritize the iOS Praktikum in the new matching system of the faculty. (Between: January 30 and February 3)
(If you are an international student AND you do not have access to the matching system please skip this step)
3. We inform you about your application (February 12)
We are looking forward to an exciting summer 2015!
Prof. Bernd Brügge, Ph.D.