Typ: Masterpraktikum, vertiefendes Masterpraktikum
Praktikum: Usability Engineering & User Experience - WS 11/12
The lab course is aimed to perform a real project with a real client and to focus mainly on the usability of the developed application.
In this course you will
- work on an iOS application with a strong emphasis on usability engineering (what are the differences of the hardware, what does this mean for the mental model and the interaction)
- interprete scenarios
- create personas
- create and iterate paper prototypes
- create and iterate storyboards
- conduct usability evaluations / tests
- learn how to design and implement an application that is usable
Participating students should be familiar with object oriented programming concepts and a language such as Java, C++ or C#. Background knowledge in Objective-C and MacOS X is also helpful.
- Credits: 10 ECTS
- Preliminary talk / Info meeting: Monday, July 25th 2011, Time: 4:00-5:00 pm, 01.07.014 (Seminar room)
- Number of participants is limited!
- Contact: Stephan Krusche
- Kickoff Meeting: ~ Thursday, October 13th 2011, 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm, 01.07.014 (Seminar room)
- During the semester:
- weekly lecture meeting
- weekly team meeting
- review meetings
- Project end: Customer Acceptance Presentation in February 2012
What we expect:
- Software engineering and UML knowledge
- Experience in at least one object oriented programming language
- Willigness to gain new knowledge
- High motivation and ambition
- Support of other participants
Send an email to Stephan Krusche with:
- Matrikel number
- Master/Bachelor & major
- Preferred Praktikum id (Modulnummer),
- Experiences with object oriented programming languages
- Experiences with iOS development
Please also specify whether you have a MacBook!
Prof. Bernd Brügge, Ph.D.