Welcome to the iPraktikum WS15/16!
iPraktikum winter semester 2016/2017: See this page
In this course you develop a mobile application in the context of a larger system architecture. Depending on the project, you work with application servers, smart sensors such as iBeacons, intelligent clothing, wearables like the Apple Watch or micro- controllers such as the Raspberry Pi or the Intel Edison.
You get to know the background, tools and skills required to develop these applications. In particular, you learn Swift, Apple's new programming language. In addition to software engineering concepts like object oriented analysis and design, you learn key concepts of usability engineering and continuous delivery.
For this course, industry partners provide real problem statements. You get real team and project experience while using real data and working tightly together with a real client towards a real deadline.
- Credits: 10 ECTS
- Course type: Bachelor/Master Practical Course
- Participants: 85-95 students
How to prepare for the course
- Watch an online iOS Tutorial (iTunes U course "cs193p" from Stanford, now in Swift)
- Read books about Software Engineering and Usability Engineering
- e.g. Bernd Brügge, Allen H. Dutoit - "Object-Oriented Software Engineering: Using UML, Patterns and Java"
- e.g. Jakob Nielsen - "Usability Engineering"
- Attend the client acceptance test of the summer term: http://www1.in.tum.de/ios15cat
|Info Meeting||Thursday, July 9, 4:15 pm s.t., Interims Lecture Hall 1: Slides|
||Between October 5 and October 16. Schedule: https://goo.gl/0UPZdV - See E-Mail for details.
|Kickoff Meeting||Thursday, October 15, 5:30 pm s.t., Lecture Hall 1|
|Design Review||Thursday, December 17, 5:30 pm s.t., Lecture Hall 1|
|Client Acceptance Test
||Thursday, January 21, 5:30 pm s.t., Lecture Hall 1
|Weekly course meeting||Thursday, 5:30 pm s.t., Lecture Hall 1|
Results of previous years
- iOS Praktikum 2015: www1.in.tum.de/ios15
- iOS Praktikum WS 14/15: www1.in.tum.de/ios1415
- iOS Praktikum 2014: www1.in.tum.de/ios14
- iOS Praktikum 2013: www1.in.tum.de/ios13
- iOS Praktikum 2012: www1.in.tum.de/ios12
Please have a look at the slides of the info meeting for all details, attendance in the info meeting is not mandatory!
The application is done in three steps.
1. Please fill the application form below. (Deadline: July 15)
2. Prioritize the iOS Praktikum in the matching system of the faculty. (Between: July 10 - July 15)
(If you are an international student AND you do not have access to the matching system please skip this step)
We are looking forward to an exciting winter!
Prof. Bernd Brügge, Ph.D.